Advice On How To Minimize Alcohol Consumption In Sussex Visit Alcohol Rehab Sussex
You should try some of these methods if you take more than 14 units of alcohol a week on a regular basis.
It is the same as consuming ten small-sized glasses of wine with low alcoholic content or 6 pints of beer with regular alcoholic content when you consume 14 units.
- Have a plan - Decide how much you're going to drink before you start drinking.
- Have a budget - Map out the amount of money you will spend on alcohol before going, and don't exceed it.
- Alert loved ones - If you need encouragement and motivation from loved ones, you should make them aware that you wish to minimize alcohol consumption.
- Taper down Gradually reduce the amount you drink rather than cutting back all at once.
- You will gradually step out of your addiction if you do this.
- Make your drinks smaller - the size of the drink does not matter because you can still enjoy what you are having.
- Instead of a large glass of wine, get a small one, or try bottled beer instead of a pint.
- Consume alcoholic beverages with a low alcoholic content - Switch to wine and beers with low alcoholic content (ABV in %) and put down the strong stuff.
- You will have no difficulties in finding this information on the bottle.
- Remain hydrated - have a glass of water before you have a drink or consider alternating alcoholic drinks with a soft drink or water.
- Take a day off - Pick one day out of the week as your "no-drinking day".
Contact us through 0800 246 1509 if you need more counselling and advice on this.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Benefits Of Cutting Down Drugs By Visiting Alcohol Rehab Sussex
The following are the immediate benefits of minimizing alcohol consumption
- A refreshing morning
- Having more energy
- You might get an improvement in the appearance of your skin
- You will begin to feel fitter than before
- Gaining excessive weight may be halted
Cutting back in the long term can improve
Mood - it is well-known that a strong link exists between drinking heavily; depression and hangovers which can often make you feel anxious and low. Abstaining from drinking alcohol would do a lot good for you because when you are depressed, drinking won't help.
Sleep - you may suffer from insomnia due to alcohol consumption. Despite the ability of alcohol of helping people sleep quickly, it can also disturb your sleep patterns and prevent you from sleeping deeply. Therefore, cutting down on alcohol should give you the feeling of having rested adequately when you wake up.
Behavior - Drinking Can Affect Your Judgment and Behavior. Under the influence of heavy drinking, your reasoning and calm may be lost. For frequent high-risk alcohol consumers, amnesia can become an issue in the long run.
Heart - Cardiomegaly (enlarged heart) can develop due to high-risk alcohol consumption over an extended period of time. When you quit consuming alcohol, this problem can be prevented from becoming serious, otherwise, there is nothing that can be done to cure it.
Your immune system could be damaged by chronic alcoholism. Infectious diseases usually attack heavy drinkers much more easily.