FAQs Regarding Addiction Rehabilitation
Accepting one has a drug problem is not easy, however, giving into treatment at a recovery facility is an even harder first step. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
Your recovery will be that much smoother if you understand what a rehabilitation treatment centre is all about, what goes on during treatment, how long it takes and how much the whole programme will cost you.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detox Detox is an essential part of early treatment. Amid detox, the body frees itself of the harmful impacts of drugs or liquor. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. But, it is a known fact that others require 60, 90 or even more days of continuous therapy as inpatients for more consistent and lasting results that aims towards a steady recovery journey. The substances abused, how severe the abuse is, the addiction history, the spiritual, cultural, social, emotional, mental and physical requirements of the addict are all considered when experts are searching for the rightful duration of treatment for an addict.
It has been proven that patients who take a minimum of three months during rehabilitation have a higher success rate at kicking the habit than those who take less. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Recuperation from substance utilize is a progressing and lifelong procedure. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation help people figure out how to adapt to drug desires and overcome those intense circumstances when the enticement to backslide is strong. It can likewise show relationship building abilities to get ready for the everyday battles of recouping from enslavement and how to address the general population or circumstances that may have added to or exacerbated the substance issue in any case.
Long haul recuperation, moreover, may include progressing treatment in individual and additionally group form, together with attendance at 12-stage or support group gatherings. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
A lot of successful treatment programs will have their own follow up care or will work with patients to figure out the best aftercare plan before leaving treatment in order to support the best chance at long term recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
What Happens When One Relapses
A relapse is not a failure but a challenge to confront and overcome during the journey to recovery. A relapse can be seen as a chance to reassess where you are and to get back into a program to get the support you need to continue on being sober.
Many individuals who are battling with dependence finish more than one stay in rehabilitation before they can discover their balance in their recuperation journey. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
A few elements can influence the cost of recovery, including
- Facilities available - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- Length of program - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Area - The traditional treatment centres are cheaper than the luxurious facilities. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- Type of program - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While the cost of recovery might be an obstruction for a few people, it is imperative to recollect the many "expenses" of compulsion. The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- The substance's cost
- Time off work or loss of job
- Lawful fines
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Addiction can also cost the user their relationships, health, and happiness.
Can I Use Insurance?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. Some programs might offer a sliding scale payment or can offer financing options to make payments more manageable.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This works in the sense that the patient is removed from the atmosphere that is conducive to their abusing drugs or alcohol.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Select Outpatient Or Inpatient Treatment?
The difference between inpatient and outpatient facilities include the charges, duration of the programme and treatment involved including the structural and amenities the facility offers.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
Inpatient facilities are staffed by addiction professionals 24 hours a day. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Those with long-standing or extreme addictions, dependences to different substances or with prevailing medical and psychological health conditions frequently look for an inpatient recovery centre for treatment. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
Contact us at 0800 246 1509 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
If caught using drugs while at work you may be liable to be sacked but, you are covered by the law if you want to go for treatment. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How To Get Time Off Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
If you are going for residential treatment, then you will need to take some leave from work. Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Programs The voluntary programme that offers free treatment recommendations, limited counselling, and confidential assessments from your boss is termed An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family and Medical Leave Act Through the Family and Medical Leave Act, many employers offer a leave of up to 3 months, and this involves an unpaid break that does not tell negatively on your insurance, in the bid to treat a health issue that affects your productivity at work. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off You can also use your personal time, sick leave, or accrued vacation to seek for addiction treatment in a rehab since you are off work on these occasions.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programmes These are programmes especially for those unable to take time off to attend residential rehab or are looking for a cheaper alternative to executive rehab. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How Might I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.