Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Accepting one has a drug problem is not easy, however, giving into treatment at a recovery facility is an even harder first step. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Here are some answers to several of the questions you might have regarding the process of addiction rehabilitation.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detox Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. The discomfort and risks of detoxing can be alleviated in a medically supervised program.
- Drug Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Aftercare When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. This could consist of some combination of continuous therapy, support groups, and arrangements for sober living arrangements, when required.
How Long Is Rehab?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. The substances abused, how severe the abuse is, the addiction history, the spiritual, cultural, social, emotional, mental and physical requirements of the addict are all considered when experts are searching for the rightful duration of treatment for an addict.
It has been proven that patients who take a minimum of three months during rehabilitation have a higher success rate at kicking the habit than those who take less. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Recuperation from substance utilize is a progressing and lifelong procedure. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation help people figure out how to adapt to drug desires and overcome those intense circumstances when the enticement to backslide is strong. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
What Happens If I Relapse?
A relapse is not a failure but a challenge to confront and overcome during the journey to recovery. Relapse may put one back on track, enabling them to re-enter the programme and seek the support they need to remain sober.
Many individuals who are battling with dependence finish more than one stay in rehabilitation before they can discover their balance in their recuperation journey. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. A high-end luxury programme tends to quote more for additional services and special facilities and, in certain instances, a better staff to patient ratio.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. Outpatient treatment programmes differ in what they offer - including very structured, in-depth outpatient programmes, weekly group and one-on-one counselling sessions, and support group meetings at no charge.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- Facilities offered - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Length of program - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Geographical Area - Treatment centres in more luxurious settings will cost more than traditional centres. If the facility is far from home, travel expenses will also need to be considered.
- Sort of program - Since the patient lives in an inpatient facility which is staffed with medical professionals around the clock, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While the cost of recovery might be an obstruction for a few people, it is imperative to recollect the many "expenses" of compulsion. Fixation can be exorbitant due to
- The cost of the medications
- Loss of productivity at work
- Legal penalty fees
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Addiction can also cost the user their relationships, health, and happiness.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Residential Rehab Treatment
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Inpatient treatment is the most immersive type of treatment, permitting patients to completely concentrate on their compulsion and recuperation with 24-hour care. The patients are also able to concentrate on getting well as they are free from distractions.
Services offered at rehab centres include group or personal counselling, treatment with prescription drugs, and alternative therapy that include yoga, meditation, animal assisted therapy and outdoor exercises.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Addicted patients visit the treatment facility for treatment, counselling, therapy and return home after every session. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
Outpatient services may differ. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Some or the entire cost may be covered by some insurance plans.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
While you may encounter some dread of losing your employment in the event that you go to recovery, you may, truth be told, probably lose your occupation if you don't get assistance. Your supervisor may already have a clue you are struggling with addiction. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
If caught using drugs while at work you may be liable to be sacked but, you are covered by the law if you want to go for treatment. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
If you are going for residential treatment, then you will need to take some leave from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Programs Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Through the Family and Medical Leave Act, many employers offer a leave of up to 3 months, and this involves an unpaid break that does not tell negatively on your insurance, in the bid to treat a health issue that affects your productivity at work. You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programs These are programmes especially for those unable to take time off to attend residential rehab or are looking for a cheaper alternative to executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How Might I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.