College Pupils And Drug Overuse
Common problems on college campuses which are noticed are binge drinking, prescription and recreational drug abuse that is popular.
A national report shows that a huge number of abusers are college students.
The risk of addiction is already high in young people within the age bracket of 18 to 24.
Adjusting to college life can be very stressful and overwhelming to some. It is easier to let go off your inhibitions after a few drinks and that's why many students are tempted to drink. A good number of pupils falls into dependence of drugs and booze after these become part of a habitual form of enjoying life.
Students who are attending college full time have a two times greater risk of alcohol or drug addiction than their counterparts who don't go to college.
Reasons Why College Pupils Revert To Drugs
The percentage of drug abusers among college students is on the higher side and is attributed to a number of factors, including the following
- Different people have different ways of coping and amidst the daily grind of college life and perhaps their part-time job and relationships make them think they need it.
- Course Work
- Adderall is one of many stimulants that pupils take in order to stay awake and turn in their homework on time.
- Most of these substances tend to be found with no proper prescription.
- Being Interested In Something New
- The lack of experience and an adventurous nature of being a youth can sometimes lead students to desire to use drugs for the first time.
- The self-exploration can lead into drug experimentation, and this is a matter which is well-documented.
- Influence From Others
- Students who are part of a peer group in which many people use recreational drugs are more susceptible to use drugs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Eating Abnormalities And Dieting Pills In College
There is usually problems with dieting among many college students.
As a matter of data suggests that one in every four students have an eating disorder. It is quite unfortunate that these number tends to increase as the years go by. In order to cut down weight, many college pupils opt for diet tablets overuse. Indiscriminate use of diet pills can have severe health consequences. Learn about diet pill abuse and eating disorders among college students.
Chosen Drugs On College Campuses
Depending on the prevailing waves and technological advances of the time, the drug of choice among college students change with time.
College pupils take some drugs are taken more than others. The examples are
- The consumption of alcohol is perhaps one of the most common substance-related problems on college campuses because a vast majority choose alcohol.
- Having a drink is often believed to be socially acceptable and recognising a problem among college students who are abusing alcohol can be difficult.
- Many college pupils take drugs that improve their performance, one of them is Adderall, also referred to as the "study drug".
- Many students are using Marijuana as talks about legalizing it are becoming popular.
- The use of Marijuana has outpaced that of alcohol on many campuses.
- Ecstasy, which was very popular in the 90s, has started becoming popular in college campuses again in a more concentrated form, called molly or MDMA.
- Students in college are within the target age range for this "party drug" that is often abused by teenagers and young adults in their 20s.
- MDMA is widely abused at raves and gigs.
Alcohol Effects On College Students
Alcohol gained its notoriety as the most popular and legally accessible substance among college students. Booze is basically ever present at private parties, sport venues, and student gatherings therefore becoming synonym of college experience.
The use of alcohol is widespread during college and is often condoned, and this has caused many college students to begin consuming more alcohol at a frequency that is higher than their peers who are no longer present at the college.
Four out of five college students consume alcohol during their time in college.
According to National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, almost half of the 80% are binging. Excessive consumption of alcohol is not just a major health concern within the long-term, but it can also cause immediate tragedies such as assault, injury, arrest and even fatalities. Discover more helpful information about excessive alcohol use and its effects on students and college campuses.
Abuse And Greek Life
The students in the Greek system tend to drink more than those that are not even though they have an environment that hinders them from doing that.
Adderall is one of the most overused prescription substances within fraternities and sororities, way more than students outside the Greek system.
Look For Support For Drug Or Alcohol Addiction
Don't go through harsh times alone if you are a college pupil having troubles with heavy drinking, prescription drug overuse, or an unhealthy eating behaviour. We can help you get the best assistance in stopping this addiction. Gain your life back from overuse and dependence by contacting us now on 0800 246 1509.