Receive Dependency Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. You don't need to be told how deadly this ailment can be if you are a victim of drug or alcohol abuse. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 in case you need assistance to find a therapy program that offers addiction counselling services that are perfect for you.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. There are many kind of treatment available whilst in care that will offer a range of advantages and let you continue your sobriety while in recovery.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
With the assistance of an addiction counsellor, you can start to set up what truly led you to turn to opiates or alcohol, recognize potential triggers and build a durable program to keep up your sobriety.
Both inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend densely on the use of addiction counselling, which appear in individual or group plans.
In addition, addiction counsellors will administrate group therapy sessions that frequently include family members or other people in addiction treatment.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
The work of Addiction Counsellor include
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- individual counselling sessions with the aim of identifying the root cause of the addiction.
- Periodic drug testing.
- To develop a specific treatment plan for individual needs of users.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Model Addiction Counsellor
Any adviser creates a proper therapy plan for every patient as he is skilled in this area. A good listener and professional in dealing with the patient.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. The degree of openness allows the counsellor to learn the contributing factors of the addiction and other latent issues. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Treatment and analysis can be conducted by any professional addiction adviser. Completely recovery is what any good advisor should be interested in, this is the most vital attribute of a good therapist.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- How fast the heart beats, the pressure of the blood, and the amount of pressure on the muscles are focused on by using modern technology to see how the brain functions.
- They will have the ability to regulate their biological activities as they are taught how to control the use of the brain as they want.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This leverages the connection between what we think and what we do, making CBT a very potent weapon in overcoming dependence on a drug and social anxiety disorder.
- CBT helps the recovering addicts to identify the triggers and actions and help them develop better or healthy substitute actions or behaviour.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- You can discover excitants, monitor stress feedbacks and in-depth relief method through these three treatment options.
- The secret behind this treatment program is to relax individual state of mind to identify drug craving behaviour patterns and treat addiction dependency from its root and not from the symptoms.
- Holistic Therapies
- This approach teaches patients self-examination in dealing with stress or triggers.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
In order to treat the complete issue, good addiction therapy centres offer a range of extra kinds of treatments with the latest aim being leading the patient to a lasting recuperation.
Is Addiction Counselling Necessary For Me
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
Don't be deceived, you can't adequately handle and meet standard professional addiction counselling process alone without assistance from qualified counsellor's support.