Knowledge Of Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies are one way through which a person can get over the dependency on the drugs.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. Holistic methods helps bring the body, mind and spirit into balance.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Yoga practice
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Scheduled exercises
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
Holistic systems of treatment include customer-specific, non-medicinal programs to overcome addiction. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
The person will be able to get rid of some symptoms such as insomnia and the loss of appetite. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Help the recovering user to be physically fit
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
Some Holistic therapies include
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- Apart from helping to ease stress and make the body strong, regular exercise helps to create a routine.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- Active recreations in centres may be different , but many of them include canoeing, mountaineering, horse riding and walking.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Medically assisted detox
- Medical attention
- Personalised mental health counselling
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Holistic treatment technique is now being used in many rehab centres all over the world. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. If an addict knows how to overcome psychological problems, he has better chances for final recovery without further return to drugs.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.