Defining Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Holistic methods can include
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. Each patient can have different practices of this technique used on them for their recovery.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Increasing self-confidence
- Reducing the appeal of drugs and/or alcohol abuse
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
Therapies that are commonly utilized include
- Nutritional Therapy
- One of the key aspects of addiction recovery is a healthy body.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- Apart from helping to ease stress and make the body strong, regular exercise helps to create a routine.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- Meditation Drills
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Medical supervision often becomes a necessity when looking forward to managing withdrawal symptoms from quitting alcohol and other central nervous system [CNS] depressants.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically assisted detox
- Good medical care
- Counselling sessions
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
Holistic treatment technique is now being used in many rehab centres all over the world. The philosophy behind holistic therapy is simple. It aims to locate and maintain a balance in all aspects of life and is compatible with various addiction treatment methods. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.