Lengthy And Hard
Facilities funded by government are sometimes available to addicts that are in need of extensive support and that display enough desire and motivation to overcome their addiction, even though we still can't talk about free treatment. Funding can be really inadequate and regrettably, there are number of screenings to go through.
If you decide to follow this recourse, you will typically spend some time in community-based treatment prior to gaining admission to rehabilitation. This is done to make sure of your drug/alcohol use stabilization prior to being recommended for rehab and to confirm your dedication and readiness to get well.
It is significant to remember that this process lasts a long time and that it is complicated, which means that immediate admission is impossible. You will have to go to many interviews and have a lot of persistence, as we will show you below.
Port of Call are unable to speed up this process, however we're glad to assist you to locate rehabilitation services in your local neighbourhood.
The Process Of Accessing NHS Rehab
- You are to go through a stringent and tough process which calls for serious commitment and determination.
- The process is different from one area to another but will generally involve
- You'll be required to schedule a meeting with your regional drug or alcohol services
- Getting assigned to a keyworker so that they can assess whether you are suitable to be placed into rehab and also see if you require detox
- A local authority social services care manager or a local drugs service will assess you that is a community care assessment to find out whether you meet the local authority's eligibility criteria for residential treatment or not
- The rehabilitation will also wish to conduct an interview with you and complete their own evaluation prior to you can begin
- The next step will be to secure funding for your rehab place that is performed by the local authority and drug service
- In the case that detoxification is first required, your keyworker will guide you on appropriate possibilities and timescale and your detoxification preparations will be organised with the commencement date for your rehabilitation
- You will go to rehab once the funding arrangements and start dates are finalized and detox if required, has been completed.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Free NHS Outpatient Services
The National Health Service provides a few outpatient services for those battling a substance/alcohol misuse problem.